Saturday, March 24, 2012

Society Disease: Sick Mentality.

Assalamualaikum, in the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful,

All praise to Allah, and His Prophet Muhammad (PBUH),

As the weeks pass by, I watched the human, where their movement and way of thinking is my utmost concentration, not the fact that I'm studying human social, but I want to see what Allah wants me to learn from my surrounding. There's a few situations which occurred around me, for that, various possibility of ideas leap into my immature way of thinking. Honestly speaking, in my point of view, malaysian people need a lot twist of correct mentality instead of genetically inherit from their mother and father.

"Correct what you practise, practise what is correct."
betulkan yang biasa, biasakan yang betul.

Situation 1.

The original 3 row of saff during the maghrib prayers subsequently left to 1 and 1/2 after the imam announced they will perform hajat prayer to pray for a wife of one of the jemaah, who is in coma and having stroke. Yeah, I know, the hajat prayer is not a fardhu prayer, and I must admit it is a bidaah hasanah, because in Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) era, there's no hajat prayer (correct me if I'm wrong, please, tq). But to be honest, why is it so hard to spend a little of your bountiful time for the sake of your muslim brothers and sisters?

How about if you walk outside of the masjid and suddenly you collapsed, dead. You must be thinking that if you stay in the saff, you might died during your prayer. That's a hundred thousands more baraqah than collapsing at other places. Plus, try to put your place into the shoe of the patient and the family, of course you want more and more people to pray for your beloved ones. Hoping everything to get well, you know, what goes around comes around. If you don't help people when you have the time, nobody will help you when you are in a pinch. Nauzubillah min zalik. Note that.

"The Muslim is brotherhood, cannot be tortured and betrayed. Anyone who helps his brother, Allah will help him. Anyone who remove difficulties of Muslims Allah will surely remove his difficulties on the last day. Anyone who closes the disgrace of Muslims  Allah will surely close his disgrace on the last day. "(Reported by Ahmad)


Situation 2.

As I was talking to one of my best friends in college, we talked about our future. We asked ourselves why are we taking engineering courses? Why we pursue such a hard course? Why do we even bother to study engineering? Simple, because we were told to. The following conversation occurred during my school years:

A: Harith, what do you want to do after finished school?
Me: Erm, maybe I'll go into pilot.
A: What? With that brain of yours, it would be a waste to be a pilot. How about engineering or medic?
Me: ...... (er, speechless)

Yeah, it happened all the times. My friend and I experienced the same. We were told to pursue much more professional profession due to our excellent *extra-prominent-hard-work-in-academic* during school time. It's the mentality of people nowadays, well, you know, excellent student must pursue science course while the less perform ones,pursuing arts, law and even politics. Religion course? Hard to say. Phew...

It's not like I'm complaining about my current course. In fact, I love engineering, I love thermodynamics, I love fluid mechanics, not to forget statics and dynamics. Alhamdulillah, I've sponsorship of my own to pay for my education until the day I graduate. But, parents out there, if your  son/daughter wants to be a culinary chef, computer maintenance, unifi technician would you willing to let them be? Few of say yes. Yeah, really few supportive parents existed in this world. Most of them, extinct. Tepuk dada, tanya iman. :)

seriously, what's wrong with your mentality, people?

There are many example for mentality irrelevant in our society. When this kind of 'disease' spread among the life of the pure innocent offspring, it will continue to spread without boundaries. From parents, to son, to grandson, and so on. And this does not stop here, it will be followed by immature judgmental demeanor. Has it ever occurred to you, when someone was trying to talk in English, you said them 'bajet cakap omputeh'. Or maybe when someone was trying to dakwah, you called him 'bajet alim' or 'instant ustaz'. These judgmental is also a very serious disease, which people tend to have when their hearts are filled with the darkness of jealousy (hasad dengki). See this video for example.

good job matlutfi...

Not to forget, when young people ask their parents, to bless them with early marriage, yeah of course it is a good way to prevent maksiat, to reduce the social problems caused by teenagers like baby abortion, runaway from home, and so on. Maybe you readers can expect what most of the parents think when discussing their son/daughter request. Those typical parents will say, "what do you want to feed your wife? sand?" or "you are too young for that."Yup, I know, it's a big responsibility, and most of the kids are inexperienced and incapable to bear the burden of marriage.


"O Allah, do define us with the wisdom of the wise, for indeed we are blind, shadowed by the diseases of the sick society, enlighten my path towards Your truth, as I don't want to go astray, for You are The All-knowing."
my prayers, what's yours?


"Someone needs to stop this way of thinking, maybe starting with us. :)"

p/s: I don't say my opinions are the incomparable truth. do advise me to correct what is wrong. :)
Illaliqa'. Wassalam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...