Saturday, June 16, 2012

Travelog: Sawat-dee-kap

Assalamualaikum, in the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful,
All praise to Allah, the Supreme Ruler of this beautiful world, and salawat for His Prophet (PBUH).


Well, this is rather reckless journey, because somehow this trip wasn't really planned at all. It was just my mom suddenly got an outstation meeting with the United Nation at Bangkok, and I asked her whether am I allowed to tag along. I promised to be good, I'll never interfere with her conference and all (like a puppy begging for a food) and then she said yes. Alhamdulillah. Free from the house at last.

oh yess, thank you mom.. :)

First thing I saw upon arriving in Bangkok was the mass crowd of the people, much similar to KL. There were a lot of people over there, regardless of their ages, faith and races. Then, the taxi. I noticed that on a weekdays, there were more taxi and tuk-tuk (guess you have to google it, quite an interesting kind of mobility means in Bangkok) than private vehicle. The taxis were the best, all of them were Toyota Corolla although the driver said that there were some of Proton taxis at the outskirt of Thailand. So, if you are driving a Corolla in Malaysia, it means you are a taxi driver. Sad story. Hehehe.


Then, it's about the means of communications. If I went to Sydney and the local people are having trouble understanding me, contradict to Bangkok, we are having trouble to understand them. Honestly, most people local people didn't speak english very good as well as master the language, and it was hard to make a single conversation with them, the taxi driver in particular. There were a few who understood english but with the twist pronunciation of 'R' with 'L'. Everyday, room service came to my room and said "Do you have launly?" Launly = laundry. At first, it was quite hard to understand it, but as time flew, some of the words seem to trigger the sentences in my mind. They even called 'Hard Rock Cafe' with 'Had Lok Kefe', sounds funny right? Haha.


It was a challenge to find a halal restaurant in this city where majority of them are buddha believer. Alhamdulillah, there were a few small restaurant that served halal food, and good dishes. I'm starving everyday. Haha. Although there were apparels everywhere selling with good prices, but most of them never caught my temptation. My mom did. She bought a lot, yeah, her money of course she can spent the way she wanted to. Thai silk is a trademark of the people and i'm not really that fond of fabric, but somehow it was a relieved to see my mom, having her time to shop. I still remember she said that it was a long time since she bought anything for herself, yeah, she spent a lot for us in past and now I let her enjoy her fortune of shopping. Haha.


It was a great experience to have when you are abroad, learning new things, meeting various kind of people, going to a lot of places and many more. Alhamdulillah thanks to Allah for giving me this kind of opportunity for me to travel to see Your beautiful creations from different angle of perceptions. I'm sorry this post is lack of picture, as I left my camera home, and the picture taken mostly come from my mom phone. I'll upload it to my fb account later. Chillax.

maybe after this it's a visit to the moon perhaps? :)

From this journey, I've learnt that not all of us are very fortunate to begin with, some strive from the bottom to the top and some start their journey with the fortune inherited from their kin. I've met lotto sellers, monks, and various types of people. And I saw wide range of people gratitude for what they have instead of people who never satisfied searching for wealthiness and property.


"The most rich people is the one who be grateful."

sorry mom, if i've ever interrupted your working schedule. :D

p/s: Hey, aweks2 from Bangkok are not so bad. Hehe. It's hard to shift your head down. Masya-Allah. Bangkok is a good place to go. If you have the opportunity to go, don't waste it. :)

Illaliqa'. Wassalam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...