Saturday, July 21, 2012

Ramadhan Who?

Assalamualaikum, in the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful,
All praise to Allah, the Great Ruler of the world, and salawah upon Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)




Knock, knock knock,
Who's there?
Ramadhan!
Ramadhan who?
Ramadhan al-Mubarak.





Cliche isn't it, with multiple people kept saying ramadhan is coming, ramadhan is coming, 
and yet with never we intend to manifest ourselves with this great months granted upon us.




I just felt like I need to achieve something, 
something different than the past ramadhans,
as this year is a whole new ramadhan to me.




I knew ramadhan since I was a kid,
the start where father and mother nowadays encourage their kids to fast,
by giving them money each day they completed fasting,
obviously a trend.




Well, since I was a kid, I always celebrate ramadhan in school,
fasting with friends, in class, in lecture,
I bet you know the feeling of exhausted,
however, this year, I have none of those,
friends, class, nor lecture,
simply put, no more Fasting in School.




For 30 days, insya-Allah, I will spend the following days,
fasting at home, not that I will hibernate myself,
of course I will meet my friends, maybe iftar together-gether,
but somehow, I believe this is different than the rest,
or else, I would be wasting my ramadhan.




To be honest, not many ramadhan that I treasured,
one which matter most, it was the last ramadhan for me in semashur,
I still remember, 
the Nuqaba' gathered and ate behind the surau, or the second floor,
and ustazah brought us food, for the tahlil,
how we enjoyed our ukhwah together,
not only that, my last project,
where I organized majlis khatam al-Quran,
for the batch.


another one was during my time at KMKN,
my friends and I khatam the Quran less than a month,
I finished the Quran twice, alhamdulillah,
and the last night I missed my tarawih prayer,
for a plane ride,
but I missed my parent so much,
because I never went back during the ramadhan, Allah. ;)


and third, during my first year study in UniKL,
almost every day, my friends and I broke the fast at the surau,
next to our hostel,
free food, who would likely reject it right?
the tarawikh was long, but meaningful,
plus the tazkirah after maghrib,
that I love so much.




I just watched Ustadz Nouman Ali kuliyyah,
about ramadhan, as he translated from the Quran,
why Allah put ramadhan in that particular surah, what comes after it, and what lay before it,
it's all perfect commandment,
how I envied Ustadz Nouman, as he can see what we normally missed,
how he terjemah the Quran, in a whole different concept,
than most of us translated,
it's more than that, I cursed myself,
for not mastering arabic and the Quran.


I admit, it's quite long, but believe me,
it's worth it,
how he relates the Bani Israel and ramadhan,
as Quran told us,
mesmerize me, drag me away from the darkness,
alhamdulillah,


I'm not a good person,
but I want to make this ramadhan a history,
take ibrah from it, and become a new person,
which Allah pleased and satisfied,
I'm not going to post more about "How to Benefit Ramadhan" and stuff,
thousands others can be found from uncle google or his friends,
but hey, lets enjoy ibadah in this holy ramadhan.







p/s: oh yeah, advice from penaja, beware of hadiths maudhu' about ramadhan. it's many and don't be absorbed by it. I know you readers are good muslims, but don't be such naive. :)



aku khuatir, ini ramadhan terakhirku,
aku risau, ini ramadhan terakhirku di tanah air,
aku bimbang, rinduku padamu ramadhan kian pudar,
aku takut, aku tiada minat lagi padamu, ya ramadhan,
pikatlah aku wahai ramadhan. ;)



Illaliqa'. Wassalam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...