Sunday, May 3, 2015

Easter 2015: French Riviera

Assalamualaikum, in the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful,
All praise to Him, the God of this world, and salawah upon the Last Messenger Prophet Muhammad PBUH.

I went to Nice, French Riviera. It was hot and nice place. I met a Korean girl, who was very nice showing me around Monaco. She is a traveller too and I am glad I joined her for the day.



What I found in Nice was there were a lot of Muslim community over there. Halal food wasn't that hard to find. Alhamdulillah.

While I was in Cannes, I received the news that my flight home was cancelled due to air-traffic controller strike. A lot of flights were affected and mine was the worst case of all.

I remained calm and tried to get hold of internet for the next bound to London. As I went to the train station to take the first train back to Nice, there was and incident where bomb threat, caused many trains to cancelled.

Incident happened one after another. It was really bad evening. Alhamdulillah everything gone well in the end. I asked myself, if this is a fate of God, to let me spend more days in Nice, there must something behind it. I started to wonder around the city for clues and hopeful insight.

What I found was, despite the great life in the city, I saw poverty behind it. A lot of people were begging for money, to keep their stomach fill. A small boy approached me, asking for money, as if he was trained to do so, every single day.

I was a bit sad to see such situations. The poors were ignored, less treated as a human being. I can't blame every person who ignored them by the street. Once, I walked pass an old lady by the market, I had a mixed feeling. I returned, I emptied the last coins in my pocket, in hope it can help her buy some food.

Sometimes we see the bright of a place that we went. But we failed to see the dark sight, not until we truly explore around. I always asked myself when I set for an adventure, whether I want to be a tourist, who capture beautiful pictures, taste different food, or be a traveller, who try to engage with the local culture and comprehend them.

I choose both. The time on this world is limited, I want to fully used the chance that Allah gave to me to its fullest. I want to learn about the country, its culture(people and food), the history and say my prayer every time I amazed.

I rarely buy any new stuff like my friends used to do, not until I really need it. I cooked almost everyday, not because I cheepskate, but I want to save for travelling. I tracked down every single penny I spent since years ago, so that I can make a budget and eliminate whats not needed.

I'm sure many people can go travelling, if they have their own ways to save.



"O Allah, thanks for every moments You bestowed upon me. I am really grateful to You to give me a lot lf chances to go out, to see Your beautiful world. I believed You have a good plan for me ahead, please direct me towards a better Muslim and don't let me walk astray from Your righteous path."

Illaliqa'. Wassalam. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...